Friday, November 6, 2009

Christmas is Coming...


Believe it or not, that time of the year is approaching quickly. It is just around the corner, a mere 49 days away. As everyone starts to prepare for Christmas this year I ask you all to remember this one question... What is Christmas? I am asking anyone who is reading this to watch this video before they start making wish-lists and going overboard at the mall.

As much as I would like to pretend that I don't, I know that I fall into that category of "x-mas shop-a-holic" After watching this video I thought back to last year and realized how much of what I bought really didn't mean all that much. The gift that mattered the most was the donation of my time to others. The season of advent is all about giving. But has anyone ever stopped to think about whether or not we are giving the right thing? The people at adventconspiracy.org did. And guess what... most of us are not giving the right thing.

And so the countdown begins... 49 days. Welcome to the season. But just ask yourself... is this the season of spending and shopping? Or is this the season of love and worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment