Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mission Trip to Harlan Kentucky

In 2007, the church youth mission trip was to Abbyvillie Louisiana again. We work on some of the same sites and got to spend time with the same people. It was I great experience and I cant wait to go back.

Last summer, the summer of 2008, we went to Harlan Kentucky and worked with the people from C.O.A.P. This was a completely different experience. I got to meet and talk to some locals, I learned a lot about the way they live and how different to culture is.

Some of the work was the same, but at the same time it was different. I got to show off my skills on the roof. The work site I was on re-shingled a roof in 4 days. Because of this we also got to go help out on a different work site to finish building the structure of a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment